Charitable Tax Credit

 WebsiteImage TaxCredit2016 sm

What if you could impact a child's life,
and it wouldn't cost you a thing?

You can! In Arizona, you can decide how your tax dollars are spent.

Kevin's Story:

“I remember that day when we were first taken from our house. I didn’t know where we were going. I was 10 and I was terrified. At the door of the foster home we were greeted by two smiling faces. They threw their arms around me and invited me in. I cried myself to sleep each night only to feel numb and hopeless the next day. As time went by, I began to accept my new home. After all, they made me feel like I was part of the family. They made sure to remind me every day that none of this was my fault. They promised me that they were going to make sure that I was okay. I began to realize that I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I was safe and happy. I found my “forever family."

A child can’t wait. Kevin couldn’t wait for the love and attention that he needed, and most importantly, deserved. Unfortunately there are thousands of kids in Arizona just like Kevin.

Donate today to support our programs to protect children, empower youth and strengthen families!


78741111 cropped 

 CloudImage 2016



Click here to donate!


Read the Frequently Asked Questions below or call us at 800.944.7611 ext. 2166 to find out more. We cannot provide tax advice, so please direct those questions to your tax advisor or visit the Arizona Department of Revenue at

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQs about the Charitable Organization Tax Credit (also known as the Working Poor Tax Credit):

What is the Charitable Organization Tax Credit?
Under a State of Arizona tax credit program that benefits charitable organizations that serve the Working Poor, donors to Arizona’s Children Association can claim a personal tax credit for the amount of their contribution (up to $400 for individuals and $800 for couples filing jointly). This is not just a tax deduction - it is a tax credit that reduces the amount you owe...dollar for dollar!

What is the difference between a tax credit and a tax deduction?
A tax credit is more beneficial to you on your taxes than a deduction. A tax credit reduces the amount you owe, dollar for dollar. A tax deduction reduces the amount of income on which you are taxed ( A tax deduction affects how much taxes you owe to the state but it is not a dollar for dollar reduction. The Charitable Organization Tax credit allows you to donate to Arizona’s Children Association at no cost to you.

How do I qualify for a Charitable Tax Credit on my taxes?
Taxpayers filing as “single” and “head of household” status may claim a maximum credit of $400. Taxpayers that file as “married filing joint” may claim a maximum credit of $800. Taxpayers filing as “married filing separate” may claim a maximum credit of $400.

Do I need to itemize my taxes to claim my credit?
Starting in 2013, you DO NOT need to itemize your taxes to qualify for tax credits. Just report the amount you donated to AzCA on Form 321. AzCA will send you (the donor) a letter confirming your donation. This letter serves as documentation of your contribution.

How do I know Arizona’s Children Association qualifies?
Arizona’s Children Association has applied and met all requirements of the law to be considered as a Qualifying Charitable Organization. Approved charities’ names are listed on the Department of Revenue’s website.

Can I apply the Charitable Tax Credit on my taxes if I take the School Tax Credit?
Yes! The School tax credit donation is a separate credit so you may receive the full tax credit for both a School & Working Poor contribution.

Does AzCA qualify for the Foster Care Organization Tax Credit?
Donations to AzCA do not qualify for the Foster Care Charitable tax credit. We do not qualify for that tax credit because we do not reach the minimum requirement that 50% of our budget is allocated for foster care services.  

Does the tax credit also apply to my federal income tax returns?
No. The Charitable Tax Credit applies only on your Arizona State income tax. However, you may be able to claim a federal tax deduction for the amount donated.

When can I make the donation?
You can donate to AzCA at any time to qualify for the Tax Credit. Contributions made on, or before, April 15th can be applied to the current or preceding taxable year.

Where can I get more information about the tax credit?
Please consult your tax advisor or find more information by visiting the Arizona Department of Revenue website or by calling Taxpayer Assistance at 800.352.4090.