Families caring for children born to others have unique challenges. If you are a family member raising grandchildren, nieces or nephews, cousins or other relatives; an adoptive family or about to become one; raising children of a family member in jail or raising a child under 18 not born to you, the KARE Center can help. Services are provided in both English and Spanish.
Click here to check out our KARE video on YouTube
KARE FamilyCenters provide different services in each location. Check with your local KARE. Center for information about their specific services:
- Information, education and resource referrals for grandparents, relatives, kin foster care providers and adoptive families.
- Help in completing guardianship packets (Guardianship Clinics) for Probate Court (forms provided free), to help caregivers enroll children in school and apply for medical services.
- Legal resource information to help you make the best plans for the children.
- Assistance for families wishing to become guardians or adoptive parents through the juvenile court.
- Support groups for grandparents and relatives caring for children, as well as for adopting or adoptive parents.
- Help in completing benefit applications such as TANF, AHCCCS and Kids Care.
- Advocacy for caregivers and children in school, court systems, health care and mental health agencies, benefits programs, Child Protective Services, etc.
- For a list of Kinship Internet Resources: Click Here
- To read our new publication: "Arizona Family Members Behind Bars: A Caregiver's Guide to Arizona's Criminal Justice System" Click Here
KARE in the News: Check out this AZ Daily Star story (7.6.09)
For information about our KARE Centers, contact:
The KARE Family Intergenerational Center- Phoenix
Web page for KARE Phoenix: www.goldengatecenter.org/kare.htm
1625 N. 39th Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85009
(602) 233-0017 ext 2329
The KARE Family Center of Tucson- Pima County
A collaboration of Arizona’s Children Association with Casey Family Programs
Return on Investment report
Contact: Julie Treinen
4710 E. 29th St., #7
Tucson, AZ 85711
The KARE Family Center- Yuma County
Contact: Virginia Villaneda
3780 S. 4th Avenue Extension
Yuma, AZ 85365