Each year, the Saturday before Thanksgiving, thousands of cyclists gather in Tucson to ride for a cause. This event requires no specific level of ability and is open to all ages. Not only do cyclists get to express their passion for cycling, but they get the opportunity to give back to a charity of their choice. This year, AzCA is participating as a beneficiary agency in El Tour De Tucson on Saturday, November 18th in efforts to raise money for our Thrive mentoring program for youth ‘aging out’ of foster care!
How it works:
- A rider pledges to raise a minimum of $400 for Arizona’s Children Association (AzCA), riding in support of the Thrive Mentor Program. Contributions to AzCA are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law and may be applied to the Arizona Charitable Organization Tax Credit.
- As an AzCA team cyclist, Arizona’s Children Association will pay for your $145 registration into El Tour de Tucson.
- If registering after October 31, 2017, there is a $50 late fee required at the time of registration, paid for by the rider.
- Registration and funds raised must be turned in to AzCA by October 29, 2017. There are no refunds. You are not officially registered to ride in the 35th El Tour de Tucson until you have raised the minimum fundraising pledge.
- As part of the team, you will receive additional goodies and have the opportunity to practice and train with AzCA team members.
The distance for the ride ranges from 28 miles to 106 miles, choose your distance and make a difference as you pedal!
In addition to El Tour de Tucson, we are participating in an add-on event, called “Loop-the-Loop,” which is a practice ride highlighting the El Tour beneficiaries on September 16th. Stop by and see us at stop 5 along the route, where we will have games and activities for anyone who pedals by! This stop is located at the Sentinel Plaza Gateway Park (west of the I-10 between St. Mary’s and Speedway). This weekend will be filled with activities, come and join the fun as we bike the day away!
Don’t have a bike, but want to participate? You may have the opportunity to borrow a bike for four weeks through Uphill into the Wind, whose mission is “to put more Bodies on Bikes in support of charity cycling and triathlon events.” Contact us today for more info.
Opportunities are also be available if you are interested in supporting our young adults and mentors as they race to the finish line. For more information, or to submit your registration form, please contact Lori Riegel at 520.622.7611 Ext. 1214 or Lriegel@ArizonasChildren.org.