Therapeutic Foster Care/Home Care Training to Home Care Client (HCTC) is a service that is provided to children who require a higher level of care and intervention than regular foster care can provide. Our HCTC homes provide a safe and highly structured living environment for children with moderate to severe behavioral and emotional challenges.
These children require the maximum amount of support and supervision that a family can provide. Our licensed HCTC foster parents work with the children and teach them healthy social and coping skills to assist them in meeting life challenges with positive responses.
HCTC Providers must:
- Be at least 25 years old and have experience working with traumatized children
- Have room in the home for each child to have his/her own bedroom
- Be emotionally, physically and financially stable
- Pass a home inspection, a basic physical exam, a DCS clearance check, and obtain a Level One Fingerprint Clearance card
- Have at least one stay at home parent. This person will be the primary caregiver, and should be the person with the required skill set. Single applicants must have very flexible schedule.
- Attend extensive training and participate in the home study and interview process
- Work as a member of a therapeutic team, attend meetings and therapy sessions
- Accept and understand behaviors of children who have been impacted by trauma
- Be willing to learn new skills
We will support your family and the children in your home beginning with the placement matching process all the way through discharge. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a provider, please click here to complete an interest form and we’ll contact you shortly.