Allstate Insurance Agent, Tucson
AzCA Board Member – 1 Year
1. What is your favorite thing about your career?
I love the combination of sales and service that comes along with being an insurance agent. I take great pride in guiding someone through the process of picking the right protection for them and then being able to deliver on the promises made when they decided to do business with me.
2. Why did you join the AzCA board?
I obtained my license to foster children through AzCA back in 2009. This was prompted by my niece and nephew coming to live with us. The information and support given by the AzCA foster care trainers during that time was extremely helpful to me. Now that most of my children are teens, I found myself with time to volunteer. I was lucky enough to be asked to be a board member and couldn’t wait to get involved.
3. What lasting lesson have you learned from working with our organization or in relation to our mission?
There is so much need out there! AzCA has an incredible opportunity to do so much good! And they/we do!
4. If you had unlimited resources, what is the one thing you as a board member would like to do for the population we serve?
Great question. I think the greatest asset AzCA has is their amazing staff. Without them and their commitment to their clients this organization wouldn’t see the success it has. I would give them a bigger budget for payroll and talent acquisition to continue to do the work this community needs at a greater capacity.
5. What would you like to accomplish in the next 12 months as a board member?
I’d like to help with organization with marketing and fundraising in the Tucson community. I’m hoping my involvement sheds a brighter light on the organization and that translates to more donors and or volunteers.
6. What are your hobbies?
I love to work out and do anything that is physically challenging. Mud runs, long distance running and hiking have been my favorites lately. Any type of game that’s competitive I really enjoy. (If it’s not competitive, I’ll probably find a way to make it that way) I also enjoy reading when I’m not chasing around my kids.
7. If you could take a week off from your regular life to immerse yourself in learning something new, what would it be?
I would love to spend a week learning different ways of cooking. I fancy myself as a pretty good Instapot chef and a decent grill master but would love to be better in the kitchen.
8. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
I’d like to go back to 15 years ago when it didn’t hurt to roll out of bed in the morning!
9. If you could be anyone else for a day, who would you choose?
Probably a popular musician like Garth Brooks, but only if he was on tour. I think it would be amazing to perform in front of massive crowds. Or I’d be my teenage daughter Jasmine. I’d love to figure out what the heck she thinks about all day! Her life seems pretty sweet.