Arizona’s Children Association (AzCA) is the largest foster care provider in the state! We train and support foster and adoptive families who can open their hearts and homes to vulnerable children while their biological families are on the mend. With more than 14,500 children and young adults in Arizona’s foster care system, AzCA is working hard to recruit more foster/adoptive parents and mentors to provide stability and support for youth in need.
- AzCA has 556 kids in the care of our licensed foster families.
- In Arizona, an average of 868 new children come into foster care each month.
- AzCA places an average of 92 of these children entering DCS custody in the care of our parents each month.
- AzCA has 431 licensed foster homes – drastically lower than the number of homes at the start of COVID-19 – and 46 certified adoptive homes.
- There are 3,001 children who are legally free and waiting for “forever families.”
During this pandemic, having a friend or mentor to turn to is essential. Growing up, did you know how to make plans for college? Do you remember wanting your first car or looking for a part-time job? Who did you turn to for help to make these a reality?
Each month, approximately 67 youth ‘age out’ of the foster care system – many without the support of a caring adult. Who can they turn to for answers to these questions?
Our Mentor Program is designed to help foster youth build supportive connections with Volunteer Mentors. A mentor helps build the self-esteem and self-confidence of a youth by sharing in accomplishments and milestones. Our hope is that deep, long-term friendships will develop between these pairs and that each youth will be encouraged by the adult’s commitment to meeting and relationship building.
Mentors can help a young person:
- Reduce rates of homelessness, incarceration and teen pregnancy
- Increase graduation and job stability
- Enhance social skills and healthy adult connections
- Provide a listening and supportive environment
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Join us in our efforts to bring awareness to the need for mentors and foster/adoptive parents!
If you are interested, please complete the form below and an AzCA representative will contact you shortly. Thanks!